CityCast

For the first time in many years, Houston Grand Opera will offer a free live simulcast of its newest production, Chorus! from the stage of the Wortham Theater Center in downtown. We're calling this event CityCast.

It represents the return of the popular and much-missed HGO event “Plazacasts.” These free live transmissions to Fish Plaza, directly in front of the Wortham Theater Center , were very popular events which would bring thousands of people downtown to enjoy a performance at HGO in a casual, family-friendly outdoor setting.

This year we're streaming to Discovery Green and five Houston area schools, where people can enjoy watching the performance for free!

We think CityCast is a great idea! What do you think? Got any fun memories from Plazacast days? Please share!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember back when I sang in the HGO Chorus, I was in a production that was Plazacast. (I forget which show.) I sang Act I, ran to the basement and changed into normal clothes, ran out to meet my friends for some Church's Fried Chicken and sangria (just a little!), and then ran back and changed into costume to sing Act III. Good times!!

Post a Comment